We count with a multidisciplinary team with strong professional experience and top academic background.
OCTÁVIO FRAGATA MARTINS DE BARROS
Contact details: email@example.com / +55 21 2464-1665 / 11 2649-1494
Languages: Portuguese | English | Spanish
Practice: Is recognized for his expertise in litigation, focusing mainly on the construction, oil and gas and infrastructure industries. Has vast experience as an attorney in international disputes involving the Brazilian market.
Experience: Worked as associate and partner in the litigation area of renowned national and international law firms. He also worked as pro bono attorney at the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. Currently head and partner of Litigation area at Rennó, Penteado, Reis & Sampaio Advogados. Also works as a professor at the Graduate Programs at Fundação Getulio Vargas, IBMEC, PUC-RJ and Escola Superior de Advocacia (ESA).
- Doctor's Degree in Law at Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro – UERJ.
- Specialization Degree in Private International Law at The Hague Academy of International Law (Hague, the Netherlands).
- Undergraduate Degree in Law at Universidade Cândido Mendes.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Loyola University of Chicago (Chicago, IL, USA).
- Chambers Latin America
- Advocacia 500
- Client Choice Award
- Who´s Who Legal
- LACCA Approved
- Litigation, with the amount of BRL 22 billion related to an indemnity claim for alleged irresistible coercion and collusion that allegedly forced the signing of a release. Procedure with impact in 3 other jurisdictions.
- Litigation estimated in the amount of BRL 600 million related to the construction of a petrochemical industrial hub; litigation involving any claim of nullity of the Alliance Agreement as a result of evidence discovered under Lava Jato Operation.
- Litigation estimated in the amount of BRL 61 million related to supply and delays in the construction of a soccer stadium for the 2014 World Cup.
- Anti-Corruption Investigation in Agreement between 3 major foreign players due to the involvement of one of them in Lava Jato Operation.
- Representation of important creditors in the Reorganization of a Brazilian group in the Oil & Gas industry.