Banking and Financial Services, Debts, Financing and Securitization, Capital Market and Corporate Law and M&A
We count with a multidisciplinary team with strong professional experience and top academic background.
JOSÉ AUGUSTO MARTINS
Contact details: email@example.com / +55 21 2464-1665 / 11 2649-1494
Languages: Portuguese | English
Practice: Attorney specialized in financing, banking regulation, foreign investment and commercial transactions, acting both in advisory and dispute resolution.
Experience: Started his career in legal department of investment bank, acted several years in a specialized law firm in scholar opinions and strategic litigation and, before joining the firm, was a partner for nearly 20 years in a sizeable full service law firm associated to a major international law firm. Leaded practice domestic and international practice groups in his prior firms and was a member of several steering committees. Has represented clients in several types of transactions including merges and acquisitions, structured finance, project finance, capital markets, debt restructuring, privatizations, joint ventures, among others. Solid knowledge in analyzing, drafting and negotiating and domestics and cross-border agreements, risk analysis of contracts and projects of significant values. Solid experience in strategic analysis of dispute resolution methods both at risk analysis and valuation as well as advising clients on implementation of litigation strategies. Solid experience in advising clients in current trending legal issues affecting fintech entities, new technologies and startups. Assisted fintech entities and investors in setting up operations in Brazil. Skilled attorney in anti-money laundering, anticorruption and anti-bribery laws and regulations.
- Member of Foreign Counsels Commission of Brazilian Bar Association - Federal Chapter;
- Member of Advanced Studies of Brazilian Banking System - Getulio Vargas Foundation
- Completed Credits for Doctorate- International Law- University of São Paulo Law School
- Mestrado (LL.M.). International Law- University of São Paulo Law School
- Specialization (latu senso) - Commercial Law- University of São Paulo Law School
- Undergraduate Degree in Law - University of São Paulo Law School
- IFRL1000 – International Financial Law Review - Banking, Capital Markets, M&A, Project Finance
- LACCA – Latin American Corporate Counsel Association – Banking & Finance
- Análise Editorial – Foreign Investment