Advocacy in Arbitration Procedures and Litigation
We count with a multidisciplinary team with strong professional experience and top academic background.
CARLOS GUSTAVO RODRIGUES REIS
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org / +55 21 2464-1665 / +55 11 2649-1494
Languages: Portuguese | English
Practice: has recognized practice in complex litigation involving liability, consumer, contractual and corporate matters in general, as well as concessions and public permits, loan recovery and reorganization. He has a vast experience in state and federal courts in the entire Brazilian territory.
Experience: has been an attorney and partner in Brazilian full service law firms. He was approved in the competitive civil-service examination for attorney of Empresa Brasileira de Correios e Telégrafos, ECT, having headed the Litigation Section of the Legal Advising Division. He has been General Counsel of Clube de Regatas do Flamengo and is author of several articles published by specialized legal publishing houses. He is currently a partner of the Litigation and Arbitration area at Rennó, Penteado, Reis & Sampaio Advogados.
- Undergraduate Degree at Escola da Magistratura do Estado do Rio de Janeiro – EMERJ.
- Graduate Degree in Civil Procedural Law at Universidade Cândido Mendes.
- Graduate Degree in Law at Universidade Cândido Mendes.
- CCI Arbitration, London head office, with the amount of BRL 22 billion related to indemnity claim for alleged irresistible coercion and collusion that forced the signing of a release. Procedure with impact in 3 other jurisdictions.
- Public Civil Action questioning the way in which products with discussion of unconstitutionality of state legislation were commercially advertised.
- Collective Action with the estimated amount of BRL 60 million involving a discussion regarding insider trading practiced by former officers of an investment club, with administrative and criminal repercussions.
- Action with the estimated amount of BRL 30 million involving a contractual discussion regarding the performance of works between two providers of utilities.
- Administrative Misconduct Action involving the discussion regarding emergency contracting with exemption of bidding for purchasing products for diagnostic tests.