We advise our clients on dispute resolutions matters in general, either in judicial and administrative proceedings or on arbitration procedures.
ADVOCACY IN ARBITRATION PROCEDURES
Our team of lawyers are well known for its experience and for the conduct of relevant arbitrations in prominent disputes, including in the role of arbitrators, which allow us to offer to our clients full proficiency in all stages of an arbitration proceeding.
We act in complex national and international arbitrations, with a strong presence in power generation, infrastructure, construction and oil and gas industries.
We represent our clients before foreign arbitration chambers, such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and the ICSID, and Brazilian chambers, such as the Federation of Industries of the State of São Paulo (Federação das Indústrias do Estado de São Paulo, FIESP), the Brazil-Canada Chamber of Commerce (Câmara de Comércio Brasil-Canadá, CCBC), the Brazilian Center for Mediation and Arbitration (Centro Brasileiro de Mediação e Arbitragem, CBMA) and Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV).
Our services include:
- Assistance, representation and counseling during the arbitration procedure.
- Drafting of statements and petitions, participation in hearings and other required actions in connection with the arbitration procedure.
- CCI Arbitration based in London, in the amount of BRL 22 billion discussing an indemnification claim arising from an alleged irresistible coercion and collusion that supposedly forced the execution of a release. The proceeding had repercussions on three other jurisdictions.
- CCI Arbitration in the estimated amount of BRL 600 million in connection with the construction of a petrochemical industrial hub. Litigation claiming the nullity of an Allegiance Contract in view of evidences discovered during the Brazilian corruption investigation “Operação Lava Jato”.
- CCBC Arbitration in the estimated amount of BRL 61 million in connection with the supply and delays in the construction of a soccer stadium for the 2014 World Cup.