We count with a multidisciplinary team capable of advising our clients in judicial, administrative and arbitration procedures on different sectors and segments.
Our multidisciplinary team has consolidated legal knowledge of various sectors of the economy, which enable us to advise our clients on complex litigation before judicial, arbitration and administrative courts and regulatory agencies throughout Brazil.
We represent national and foreign companies in litigations related to corporate and commercial disputes in general, collective and popular actions and public civil actions, proceedings involving consumer law, power generation, infrastructure, contracts, environmental law, construction, insurance, taxes, product liability and civil liability in general, among others.
Our services include:
Environmental litigation and settlement of disputes
Our assistance in judicial and administrative proceedings include the drafting of all documents required for the effective defense of the interests of our clients, either in court or before the Public Administration, attendance to hearings, as well as the follow-up in all instances until the decision becomes final and unappealable or the administrative proceeding is filed.
In administrative or judicial cases of a criminal nature, we work in partnership with specialized counsel.
We also assist in alternative solutions to environmental conflicts. We work to enable the negotiation and to open communication channels with the involved stakeholders (Prosecution Office, Public Administration and Public Attorneys’ Office, among others), aiming at reaching negotiated solutions for complex environmental cases.
The alternative settlement of disputes is an effective instrument to mitigate the risks of a lawsuit. Whenever appropriate for the specific case, it may represent a fast and cost saving alternative for the settlement of socio-environmental disputes.
Civil and Corporate Litigation
With a focus on their business, we aim at offering our clients strategic solutions, adding value to the conduction of the disputes and their successful conclusion.
The fact that we have a multidisciplinary team, combined with our concern with the economics of risk allocation in our clients' transactions, along with close attention to the underlying facts of the relevant legal issues, make us stand out from our peers and allow us to retain our clients.
Our professionals are constantly invited to be inserted and take part of the core activities of our clients, which provide us with a strategic perception that is fundamental for the preparation of the legal thesis to be presented before the courts.
- Judicial litigation of insurance nature involving a BRL 300 million casualty claim, pertaining a jurisdiction conflict between the Brazilian Justice and the International Arbitral Tribunal.
- The coordination of collective and individual actions brought out throughout the Brazilian territory, disputing the Readjustment Program of the life insurance portfolio of an important national insurance company.
- The coordination of collective and individual actions, disputing the individual and family health insurance contracts of hundreds of thousands of policyholders throughout the Brazilian territory.
- The coordination of a relevant process portfolio of one of the main fuel product distributors in Brazil against its fuel resale network.
- Public Civil Action questioning the form of commercial advertisement of products, disputing the constitutionality of state legislation.
- A Collective Action in the estimated amount of BRL 60 million involving a debate on insider trading practiced by former officers of an investment club, with administrative and criminal repercussions.
- Claim in the estimated amount of BRL 30 million involving a contractual debate on the performance of works between two public utilities services concessionaires.
- Administrative Corruption Claim involving a debate on emergency contracting without bidding for the purchase of products for diagnostic exams.
We have broad and recognized experience in administrative and judicial proceedings involving matters of administrative and regulatory law.
With a highly qualified team, we advise our clients on activities such as:
- Filing of requests for the registration, licensing and authorization and requirements in general and presentation of oppositions for such requests before the federal, state and municipal Public Administration.
- Administrative defenses in assessments made by regulatory agencies and other administrative agencies and entities in the three Brazilian federative branches.
- Legal advice on the execution of commitment instruments, conduct adjustment instruments and other judicial and extrajudicial agreements.
- Drafting of clarification requests, objections to invitations to bid and administrative appeals on public bidding procedures.
- Representation in economic concentration acts before the Brazilian Antitrust Authority (CADE) and presentation of defenses before the National Advertising Self-Regulation Council (Conar).
- Representation in lawsuits in connection with decisions granted in bidding procedures.
- Administrative and judicial requests for economic and financial rebalancing of administrative contracts, among others.
With a strong presence before judicial and administrative courts, our team closely monitors tax related matters, with an aim to offer the most adequate solutions to our clients' needs.
By providing personalized, technical and assertive services, we advise our clients on activities such as:
- Advice on judicial and administrative tax claims.
- Defense against tax assessments and follow up of inspection procedures.
- Representation before the Brazilian Judicial and Administrative Courts.
- Development of active legal theses, aimed at optimizing the tax burden, as well as recovering taxes.
- Analytical mapping of the stock of tax proceedings.
- Renewal of tax compliance certificates.
We advise our clients on bankruptcy cases, judicial and extrajudicial recoveries and assist them in the acquisition of assets from companies in financial distress.
- Representation of relevant creditors in the judicial recovery of a Brazilian Oil and Gas group.
- Representation of relevant creditors in a judicial recovery in the civil construction sector in connection with major infrastructure works.